Scotland travel guide
The charisma and aura of the European country Scotland is
unknown to none. It is the land, which was a surface to numerous
significant historical battles, is the mother of cherished sport
'golf' and is globally appreciated for its Balmoral Castle...
Travel Blog Your Next Vacation
Some years ago, I took an extended trip to Europe. During that vacation, I kept a travel journal in which I made notes of the places I visited, the people I met and the events that occurred. I still get out that travel journal and read through some...
Travel Insurance? We Don't Need No Stinkin' Travel Insurance! (Do We?)
Should you have travel insurance? An interesting question. But if you question the need for travel insurance, perhaps you are the same person who questions the need for any kind of insurance. Most people have auto insurance, health insurance,...
Travel To Lake Louise - Vacation Capital Of Canada
If you're looking for a vacation getaway in North America with some of the most breathtaking scenery in the world, a place where you can see unspoiled wilderness and wildlife during the day, hike, bike, or fish, and then be pampered with a massage,...
What to Pack for Travel: The Essentials of Business Travel Packing
Knowing what to pack for travel can make for a
smooth transition from one work location to the next. The
essentials of business travel packing take into consideration
all of the possible events that you may need to attend while
|Travel Tips When Visiting Europe
Five important tips in traveling Europe
Traveling through Europe is definitely an exciting experience.
To ensure a smooth and enjoyably safe tour, here are some tips
for your Europe vacation.
* All of the people in Europe, including tourists, are obliged
to own documentation for personal identification.
* Since the increasing number of terrorists that try to enter
Europe, the checkpoints on all borders have been strictly
controlled. All tourists, depending on which country in Europe
they intend to visit, should always have their passport and visa
wherever they go.
* When you are unable to surrender your valid visa or passport
when authorities ask for it, you would be deported or even
2) Languages. There are 320 mixed spoken languages used in
* Out of the 320, the most used and important are the Baltic,
Celtic, Romance, Germanic and Slavonic languages.
* Majority of the people in European countries speak multiple
languages besides their mother tongue. English is used daily for
politics and business.
* Learn to speak the native tongue for important questions and
courtesy you would need in your tour.
* Majority of the European countries make use of 230 volts that
operate in 50 Hertz.
* Prevent plugging a device intended for 60 Hertz into a 50
4) Cars and driving.
* To be able to drive a car in all the countries in Europe, you
should be 18 years old and
have a valid driver's license.
* It is illegal for a driver not to wear a seatbelt. This is
also applicable to everyone inside the car.
* Majority of the countries in mainland Europe have right-hand
traffic. Left-hand traffic is used only in Ireland, Cyprus, Malt
and the islands of England.
* The insurance of all cars is obligatory. If your car has been
pulled over, the insurance certificate is always asked for.
5) Planning your necessities is important. This includes
transportation, food, and hotel accommodations.
* Food in Europe may come expensive. But if you plan ahead and
check your travel guide, you could always search for a
reasonably priced meal around your area. There are hundreds of
local markets and groceries for your food supply.
* If you are planning to take the train, call the station for a
* Always arrive at least 30 minutes before the train schedule to
ensure that you will not miss the train if ever you get lost on
the way to the European station.
Traveling in a foreign European country should not be a hassle.
Plan ahead. Know the native tongue and have the best time of
About the author:
Jay is the web owner of http://www.airline-tickets.biz Discount Airline
Tickets, a website that provides information and resources
on vacations, airfare, hotels, and travel. You can visit his
website at: http://www.hotels-in.net Cheap Hotels