|Travel Tips For Getting Through the Airport Easier and Quicker
Traveling is different now than it was before 9/11. Arriving at the airport even earlier than before, standing in line longer while waiting to pass through security, having luggage x-rayed, and being pulled aside for random security checks make the time it takes to travel more lengthy than it used to be. Planning ahead can shave off a few minutes here and there and hopefully make your travels less frustrating. Here are some things I have found to be helpful when traveling:
* Make a list. Other than clothes, write down everything you need to take with you (camera, film, sun screen, hand sanitizer, book, etc.) and pack it ahead of time. This will avoid taking extra time to put it in your suitcase or bag at the last minute since you have to arrive at the airport earlier now.
* Before you leave home, put your jewelry and watch in a little cosmetic bag down inside the bag you carry on the plane and put your jewelry on once you've passed through security. Since security has been tightened there is a good chance that you will beep and have to take it off anyway.
* Remember to pack things such as fingernail kits (that include nail files, clippers, etc.) in the suitcase you will be checking and not in your carry-on
bag. You are no longer allowed to carry these items on the plane.
* Purchase a zippered pouch (I got mine at AAA) to keep your ID, boarding passes, e-ticket, and travel itinerary in. Then put the pouch in a side pocket of the bag you carry on the plane. Keeping this information together will keep you from digging for it each time you need it.
* Try not to wear clothing that requires a belt (with buckle) or clothing that has any metal, metal buttons, or anything on it that would cause you to beep when you go through security. This will just slow down the process and you want to keep moving as quickly as possible.
* If the airport you are departing from has curbside check-in, take advantage of it. It is often quicker than standing in line once you are inside the airport.
Sometimes just remembering the little things will help you get through the airport smoothly and avoid those little delays that give you a big headache.
About the Author
Specializing in fun Caribbean vacations! Also offering travel tips, hot spots, and information about romantic vacations, beach vacations, sailing vacations, golf vacations, shopping vacations, and Caribbean cruises.