Best Travel Accessories
Checking accessories that you need in traveling
So, finally you have found the time for your deserving break.
You have already planned what to do on the big trip. Everything
seems to be prepared. But what happens when you forget...
Is it Wise to Purchase Travel Insurance?
The best way to determine if, for you, it is wise to purchase travel insurance, is to consider the various emergency situations that could arise during your trip, determine the best guess for the cost of each, and see whether you can afford to pay...
Light Travel - Carry-On Only
Light travel? The last time my wife and I went to Ecuador, I had 10 pounds of luggage, all in one carry-on bag. Ana had just 8 pounds in her carry-on bag. We spent six weeks in Ecuador, at times on glacier-covered mountains, and at other times...
There are numerous travel essentials you should consider packing when vacationing in America or elsewhere. These often-forgotten travel accessories will help make the trip a smoother and more enjoyable experience for everyone. ...
What you need to know about - germany travel
Germany has always one of the centers of attractions on the globe. The place is as beautiful as the fantasy of an artist and the imagination of a poet. It has a rich history that's speaks through the archaic and bewitching architecture and...
|Safe Travel In The US
Tips for traveling safely in the US
Are you planning to spend your vacation in the United States of
America? Have you processed your legal documents and all you're
waiting for is to go aboard the plane and start the dream
journey of your life?
Here are some tips that would provide you a safe tour to the US:
1) Legal matters. These are the safety measures provided by the
US Embassy for tourists.
* Before leaving your own country, you should register with the
U.S. Embassy. Provide them with your itinerary and copies of
your passport. This will ensure that your whereabouts are known
in case it is necessary to contact you during emergencies.
* Remember to have a valid passport. And if your travel requires
a visa, your visas should always be intact with the passport.
Remember to fill out all your information on the emergency page
located inside your passport.
* Be aware of all the local laws of the US. Always be reminded
that you should abide by the laws of the U.S Constitution.
* Make multiple copies of the identification page of your
passport. This will assist in the replacement of your passport
if it is stolen or lost.
2) Electricity. If you have brought appliances that would make
use of electrical systems, be aware of the voltages used with
* US residential use 115 volts of electrical systems operated at
60 hertz. If your electric appliances operate on different
voltages, you will need a voltage converter or transformer
before plugging the
* The main wall sockets in the US basically make use of 115
volts which looks like two parallel flat blades. Make sure to
match the socket with the device by purchasing a converter.
3) Basic Information.
* The official language in the USA is English.
* Used as measurements in road signs, temperature displays, and
tourist brochures are the imperial and metric system.
* It is customary in the US to tip for services. Tips average
from 10% to 20%, depending on the discretion of the person
paying the bill.
* Never leave your luggage unattended in public areas. Do not
accept any package from strangers.
* Prevent wearing eye-catching clothing and priceless jewelry to
avoid being a victim of crime. Do not carry large amounts of
money and credit cards of.
* Deal with official agents when purchasing art, antiques and
exchanging money. This would help in avoiding the violation of
* If you suddenly get into trouble, it is best to contact the
nearest U.S. Embassy.
Now you know the basics, it's your turn to enjoy your travel
legally and safely. Have fun.
About the author:
Jay is the web owner of http://www.airline-tickets.biz Discount Airline
Tickets, a website that provides information and resources
on vacations, airfare, hotels, and travel. You can visit his
website at: http://www.hotels-in.net Cheap Hotels